- Mix 250 g flour with 1 packet of baker's yeast
- add 10 cl lukewarm milk and knead for 1 minute. Do not worry if the dough looks dry, it is going to be adjusted in the following steps
- add 3 large tablespoons of sugar, a pinch of salt and one egg and knead for 10 minutes
- incorporate 50 g of room temperature butter and knead for 5 minutes
- cover with a towel and let rest for a hour at room temperature
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until approximately 1 cm thick and cut circles in it
- let rest for 40 minutes
- deep-fry the dough for a few seconds till they puff up, wipe off the excess oil on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.